My sister Lisa decided to get married in the Muir Woods, near San Francisco. So we packed up the family and flew out the day after Lydia's birthday.
Since Grandma, Opa, Tyler, Lydia, and I flew in on a Sunday, what better way to spend the day than at the Oakland temple. I remember coming out here for my dear roommate Christine's wedding. I wish Tyson could have come (he flew out a day later due to work) as he has even more memories. At the time he was serving in the Sacramento mission, this was his temple.
This temple is unique in that you can climb all around and even up onto the roof. This is where I found Opa and Lydia hanging out, looking at the cityscape beyond.
With a stream like this, you try to keep the kids out of it! Just kidding. No harm in letting the kids fully experience the temple grounds. :-)
Tyler thought it looked like fun and joined in.
The next day while Lisa and Branden were off getting the wedding ready, we went to Pier 39 and FIsherman's Warf (do NOT hold your food out in front of you while you walk. Seagulls WILL swoop down and steal your shrimp).
She is a climber!
Counsinly love. Lydia and Levi have a lot of fun together.
Chasing the seagulls. (Yeah, keep them away from my shrimp!)
When Tyson arrived (poor guy took the BART as far as it would go and then had to walk past so many piers to find us, but he made it!. So glad KSL let him take time off!), we took Tyler to the science museum. Then on the way back to the hotel, drove crooked Lombard street and stopped at the Coit Tower for this view -
Tuesday was Tyler's birthday and the wedding. While Tyler was off to the lego store, Lydia was getting a swimming lesson from Uncle Justin and Levi.
Oh, how she loved it!
When the boys got back there were presents for Tyler. Kudos to those who packed suitcases with presents stuffed inside.
And some for Lydia from her out of Utah aunts and uncles.
Too excited with her new wings to put them on right side up.
Flying around, looking for the resident hotel cats.
After our ice cream stop in Ghirardelli Square (do you know they pass out chocolate samples??), we hurried to the Muir Woods for the wedding. It was lovelier than I imagined. I've been to the Redwood Forest before, more up north, but this was more mystical-like. I'd like to come back someday when I can take my time walking the boardwalks and enjoying nature.
Tyler was pleased to be one of the ring bearers.
My cute family. :-) I really need to get someone to take pictures with me in them too.
We headed home the next day. It certainly wasn't a relaxing vacation, by any means, but writing this blog post helps me to to see when the chaos is set aside, there are good times.





















No comments:
Post a Comment