He's home! After 2 weeks studying abroad, Tyson is home! And look what he brought me from Germany! This was my one request. Mmmm...Happy Hippos. :-)
When Tyson told me about Weber State's MBA study abroad program, immediately I said, "You should go." It's not cheap and it's not easy single momming it for 2 weeks, but if we're going to make the sacrifices for Tyson to get his MBA anyway, I want him to have all the opportunities available to him. Plus he and I never did study abroad in college and it's something we both regret. Well, not regret, per se, more like we're sad, but we understood it's because we had so many good choices (i.e. MTC teacher, EFY counselor, study abroad, etc.) and could only choose one. We were MTC teachers (best job ever!) and if we quit to do something else like study abroad, it's an extremely difficult and highly competitive job to get back.
Anyway, he missed us terribly, but loved his trip, learned so much, and made some good business contacts. Who knows, maybe we'll be living in Germany a few years from now. His group went to Paris, Frankfurt, Hof (Ogden's sister city), and Munich.
The kids and I did alright by taking one day at a time and keeping busy. We went to splash pads, the library, grandparent's houses, free summer school lunch, Tball games, dollar movies, and the zoo. Thank you to all who helped us out while Tyson was off having his adventure in Europe!





No comments:
Post a Comment