September 4th was Tyler's 1st day of Kindergarten. We drive him to school in the afternoon and he takes the bus home. It's a little surreal to walk through the halls of the same school I went to when I was a kid, but now I'm the parent and my own child is the student.
Lydia was caught up in the excitement - until we dropped Tyler off and she could not go with him. The whole 1st week she would cry and say, "I miss Tyler." The next week she would say, "Lyddie go to Kindergarten too."
It didn't take her long to figure it out. Tyler leaves and now she goes straight to his room to play. :-)
Now that he's completed a term, I can tell you he is doing so well in Kindergarten both academically and socially. Preschool prepared him really well.
I smile to hear about his friends and "girlfriends" (First it was Girl Austyn, lately it's Chloe) and recess visits to the snake hole. He loves visits from Mr. B (the school counselor). He really like Mrs. Adams (his teacher). The first couple of weeks when asked what his favorite part of school was, he would always exclaim, "The bus!" And I love when he comes home and teaches Lydia what he learned in school.
No comments:
Post a Comment