Monday, June 15, 2015

The Newest Cub Scout

Tyler just barely turned 8 so he is now a Cub Scout.
His very first scout meeting was actually Day Camp at Camp Kiesel.  We are very new to this scouting thing and I don't know how he felt, but I was nervous.  That's my baby I'm sending off to some rough and tumble day camp where they shoot things and tie knots in things and...actually I don't know what they do there.  Tyler came home so happy though.  He even spent all his money at the trading post to get me a mood ring.  :: heart melting ::
I have never had a strong testimony of why the church has to be so involved with scouting (giving callings to be leaders and automatically assuming all the boys will be participants).  But I'm starting to see a glimmer of why it could be such a good thing for young boys.  In our case, Tyler is not a very extracurricular type of kid, so to see him light up and get excited about participating with a bunch of other kids his age, well, that's something to be grateful about.

No comments: