Saturday, June 6, 2015

It's Great to be 8! Tyler's Baptism Day

 Tyler has been very much looking forward to this day.  And a good day it was.  It was 100% his choice to get baptized into the church of Jesus Christ.  He understood exactly what he was doing and acted very serious throughout the baptism and meeting.  We're so proud of him.
So many people came to support him.  Family, friends, neighbors, Primary teachers, ward family members.  Even his best big buddy and next door neighbor, Worker Man was there.  I remember months and months ago Tyler saying he would invite Worker Man to his baptism and me worrying that he would be let down because Worker Man wasn't really a church-going man and would probably not come.  Well, his wife Worker Lady (Rory and Kristi for those that are over the age of 8 in our family) decided it was time to come back to church when her son left on a mission and recently Worker Man has started to come with her.  Both were there in the chapel of the church when we arrived and I had to hold back tears as I saw Tyler give them huge hugs, no doubt in his mind that they would be there for him.
During the meeting it started to rain outside, and I mean pouring rain!  Tyler leaned over to me and whispered, "I know why it's raining.  It's because Heavenly Father is crying happy tears for me."
You couldn't be more right about that.
We love you so much, Tyler!
The one family picture we managed to get after everyone crammed into our cottage for our inside picnic and after the rain let up.  It was a good day!  

No comments: