Friday, December 12, 2014

Tyson Plastow, MBA

When Tyson started talking about getting his MBA years ago, I shot that idea down with a resounding, "Absolutely not!"  He had Tommy Boy'ed his way through his undergrad and when he did finally graduate with his Bachelor's I breathed a huge sigh of relief that he made it and he was done with school.  
He agreed.  For a few months.  

Then he started the process of wearing me down.  I don't know what made me finally give in a few years later.  Probably I felt like making a grand gesture of love.  
But I was scared.  
Scared of grad school sized student loans and of difficult classes that needed to be passed. 

He surprised me.  
He got accepted to WSU and UofU.  He chose the former because it was more family and work friendly.  He excelled.  For 3 years he passed class after super hard class.  He worked hard.  He got good grades.  The professors loved him.  He was awarded the Outstanding Service to the MBA Program for 2014-2015.  He graduated!
You have come a long way, Tys, and I am so proud of you!  You have proved to me just how smart you are (smarter than me now!).  
Now, bring on the post-grad job!

No comments: