On July 19th, a few days before Tyson's birthday, we drove up to meet his parents in their Island Park family cabin. The kids were almost as excited to go to the cabin as Tyson was! For Lydia, it would be her first time there.
Tyson has so many fond memories and good stories to tell of his adventures here when he was growing up.
Look, I'm in a field with a horse!
Fondly watching his kids play by the same frog pond where he used to play.
He loves taking pictures.
It was a quick 2 night stay, but we did lots. My favorite being rafting down the river and going to Sacrament Meeting in church on Sunday with close to 1,000 other campers. How awe inspiring to see so many people not using vacation as an excuse to skip church. There was a strong sense of the Spirit in the large log A-frame overflow building we met in.
Our family getting ready to head home. I also learned my tolerance for road trips is 3 1/2 hours, then I'm done. I must be getting old. Or I need better treats, a book on CD, and napping kids.
Anyway, glad we could go to Tyson's old stomping grounds and have him make new memories with his own kiddos now!







No comments:
Post a Comment