It's time. High time Tyler moved to a Big Boy bed.
I'll be honest. I was perfectly content to let him stay in his crib because then he had to do just that during nap and bedtime - stay in his crib. But he's gotten so good at vaulting out of his crib lately, so we gave in.
Opa took us shopping and we found a cute bed that Tyler LOVES.
Here he is practicing.
And here he is on his first night, sound asleep.
Since then the whole staying-in-bed thing has been hit or miss. Mostly he's good about it...but there was a time when I got up in the morning and there was floss strung all around the bathroom and my chapstick and contact solution were balanced on top of my contact case. Then once Tyler was supposed to be napping. I went to the bathroom and when I opened the door to come out, I screamed, because there, standing quietly looking up at me was my son. He booked it on back to bed pretty fast. One morning I found my fingernail polish bottle on the living room floor and polish on Tyler's fingers (luckily nowhere else). And then this morning, I found a pillow soaking wet. I asked how that happened and Tyler replied, "I empty the spray bottle!" Oh my little Bounder...I love you!



3 comments:
you need to lock him in! i am serious! before he really destroys something. we had to lock carter in...not as mean as it sounds...just a really big crib!
so proud that he is in a big boy bed now! so sad to see them grow up!
HAHAHAHAHA!!! I love the stories, and I'm glad they're recorded. I think they're all hilarious! I still laugh about the first time Tyler climbed out of his crib while I was there, ran out to find us and declared "Quiet time over, PLAYTIME!" :D
I love it!!! What a trickster! I am guessing he never gets to play balance mom's bathroom things and fingernail polish when you are awake? Tyler seems to be loving his new found freedom. I really like his new bed. So cute!
Post a Comment