5 years ago this November we bought our 1st home. We have made many amazing friends, added one more miracle baby to complete our family, and have made wonderful memories that made me tear up as I closed the door to our cottage for the last time. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors and church wards during this time in our lives. Even though we're only moving 10 minutes away, It feels like we are leaving family. But...on to new adventures! Off to a bedroom for every child, a park across the street, grandparents close by, a backyard twice as big, new memories and traditions to start. And old ones to look back on fondly.

Outtakes.

Outtakes.
And so we never forget our beautiful little cottage, here are the realtor pictures (which means this is the cleanest our house has ever looked). ;-)
Our kitchen may be tiny, but we have many fond memories cooking and eating and squeezing people in for dinners here.
The previous owners turned the entire basement into a master suite. Our house had no family room, but at least us parents had a pretty nice setup!
I spent a lot of time down here, with this view when I was bedridden, so sick, and hooked up to IVs during Kathryn's pregnancy. Although the months of sickness were bitter, the sweet that is our Baby Kate will make me miss this room.
This was hard to give up.
Call me crazy, but I thought these colors were so psychedelically fun that I never changed them!
First Baby Lydia's Nursery, then Baby Kathryn's. This is quite possibly my favorite room in the house because of the wainscoting we had installed when we first moved in, the painting, and the decorating.
This was the old master bedroom (before the basement was remodeled) so it is a huge, fun bed/playroom for Tyler and then Lydia too. Tyson built first Tyler's bed, then turned it into a bunkbed right before Lydia moved in when Kathryn was born.
Good bath time memories with all 3 of my babies here.
I spent so many hours rocking on this swing, watching the kids play below in the yard and in the sandbox.
The berry garden. Mmmm....! Raspberries gifted by my Grandma West when we moved in (I spent many summers picking raspberries at her home in Ogden) and delicious blackberries too!
We have had many birthday parties in the backyard and BBQs and gathering with friends and family here.
I'm trying to remember now why we wanted to move...
























No comments:
Post a Comment