These were our highlights at the Davis County Fair this year -
See that kid? That's right, Tyler won not just 1st place, but Best of Division (aka: best photo of all the youth entries) at the county fair! Not only that, but his photo was selected to be published in the First National Bank Calendar. When I sent over his bio, the bank representative was shocked to hear that he was only 8-years-old!
Earlier in the summer, I took the kids up to the Bountiful temple, gave Tyler my camera, and set him loose. He put some thought into it, then went around taking pictures. Afterwards, we uploaded the pictures and he choose 2 to enter into the fair. All his, no editing on my part. He even decided how to do the crop so his photos would fit the 8x10 fair regulations.

He titled his photos "The Glass Waterfall" and "The Pink Sunflower". So, with the latter, he won the ribbon, the calendar spot, and some gold dollar coins. What better prizes could you give a kid?
And I got to ride on an elephant. :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment