Our family had the opportunity to tour the Ogden Temple during it's Open House. More than half a million people came to see it, yet I was impressed at how smoothly the tour went. It has been fun watching the temple construction progress whenever we came to Ogden, and more specifically the Treehouse Museum across the street, but it's so nice to have the temple finished now.
Even Baby Kate got to come. Though she has to admit she slept in her Dada's arms throughout almost the entire tour, waking up only to see the Celestial Room. Actually, that's not a bad place to wake up.
While Tyson held Kathryn, I walked along with Tyler and Lydia who would whisper questions and point out observations to me. Beforehand, I explained what the Spirit, or the Holy Ghost felt like. Feelings of peace, happiness, a warm heart, happy tears, etc. I told them if they felt the Spirit while inside the temple to come and squeeze my hand. Not far inside, Lydia comes rushing over and pinches my arm, hard! I lean down to quietly scold her when she whispered excitedly, I felt the Spirit!" Awww, glad I didn't scold her. :-)
A candid moment I caught with Lydia and a statue of Jesus in the visitor tent outside.
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
-Matthew 18:4




No comments:
Post a Comment