Thursday, September 13, 2012

Albion Basin Wildflower Workshop

Beyond the paved road up Little Cottonwood Canyon, past the Alta ski resort, is the Albion Basin.
It's wildflower month and on July 28th Canon held a class up the canyon where I could check out whatever lenses I wanted and just go off exploring and hiking.  Worth the 4am wakeup call?  Um, yeah.
But let's back up.  Sunrise.  Our Canon photography class met at 5:30am.
And off I went!  The wildflowers were gorgeous!  I heard the week before was even more stunning.
Me amidst the wildflowers.
It was so hard to narrow down which photos to post.  I took over 400 photos and of my favorite 57, here are just a few of my favorites.  So hard.
Love, love, loved the 100mm macro lens that I borrowed!
I made it to Ceret Lake!  No, that is not a typo.  And yes, 4 year olds were passing me up.  What?  Steep switchbacks are not my thing.
(Figuring out my camera remote...).
It's a beautiful, clear lake and it gets hot hiking up the mountainside, but that is our drinking water.  No swimming allowed!
So pretty.  So worth the trip.
One last shot.  Beautiful!

2 comments:

Katie said...

So pretty!

B said...

Can we please plan excursions like these together? We're two peas in a pod. I would have loved that class. Excellent photos, Carrie! I love the bee and the flower, the lake and flowers - well done!