This was the year for the kiddos to go to Lagoon! Tyler is now brave enough and Lydia is old enough to go on rides without falling out. Despite the 103 degree weather on July 11th, we went as a June/July Birthday celebration for our little family and it happened to be Grandma Joyce's actual birthday too, so off we went! I grew up going to Lagoon every single year, no matter what, on Teacher's Day so I was so excited to take my own children to experience it all!
Their very first ride was Bulgy the whale (my personal childhood favorite) and they were quite unsure about it all.
They got over their apprehension pretty fast and the rest of the day was filled with so much fun!
The little boats was one of Lydia's most favorite rides. She would ring that bell so loud and crank that steering wheel as hard as she could whenever we would clap and cheer for her!
The biplanes were Tyler's absolute favorite ride. He rode them 6 or 7 times.
Look at that determination. He flew his airplane so well!
"Sweet, they left the keys in the car! Let's go!"
Thrilled that she could drive a car all by herself.
Look at those beat up seats. I got pretty nostalgic all day thinking about how I rode these very same rides so many times and how my own children were maybe sitting in some of the exact same cars that little Carrie sat in all those years ago.
Lydia peaking up over the seat, next to Grandpa Jim.
So much fun!
The Carousel
Back for round 2 after late afternoon naps (and to escape some of the heat). Look how much happier she is on Bulgy the whale!
Okay, I have to point out the people in the background clapping and cheering their hearts out. See them? Yeah, us four adults were on this other side doing the exact same thing for our kiddos. Funny big people. :-)
Everyone loved the swing ride!
Happy Birthday, Grandma Joyce! She does look happy. :-)
See, I'm really here too!
Taking a break on the Skyride towards the end of the day.
We had a perfect Lagoon day. I didn't mind one bit that I rode on very few big people rides. I had more fun than I could have imagined cheering on my kiddos and watching their delight.




















1 comment:
So fun! It looked like such a great family day! I never got to go on any of the kiddy rides at Lagoon when I went during college :( Definitely going to have to take our kiddos there someday :)
Post a Comment