Sunday, May 22, 2011

California Here We Come!

Our first family vacation with the four of us! Leaving on April 2nd, we took 2 days to drive out to Oceanside, CA to stay for the week.


This picture pretty much epitomizes what Tyler did the whole trip. He was thrilled with all the rocks from Utah to California and back.


A couple of days into our trip, Lydia learned to fall asleep anywhere, anyhow. But Daddy's arms are her favorite.

And with any road trip, adventure is bound to happen. Tyson and I are pretty positive we saw a dead body in the back of a red pickup truck. An old man was just flung into the open bed of the truck next to what looked like an oxygen tank. A couple hours later we passed the truck again and the body was propped up more and it was staring at me. Maybe he was alive after all...And then when we pulled off the Scipio exit to get gas and feed Lydia, look what we saw -
There was a full on petting zoo in the middle of nowhere, Utah! And it was free! Definitely worth a Scipio detour.

We arrived in Las Vega just in time for Tyson to attend Priesthood Session. And I got to visit Corrin, one of my best friends and roommates from my BYU days, and her 6 day old baby girl, Sophie!

When we finally made it to Justin and Michelle's house in Oceanside, I think we all felt like this -

The fun thing about this trip is that my Mom and Dad and big brother Matthew were able to meet up with us too. We were just 2 people shy of a complete Hillier Family reunion. Justin and Michelle took us all down to the Oceanside Pier (the longest wooden pier on the western United States coast) on Sunday night. Just photoshop me in there next to Tyson. :-)

We were so excited to get to come spend some time with this little guy. Levi and Lydia being stroller buddies.

Uncle Matthew and Lydia at the pier.
Looking back toward the city of Oceanside.
We stayed for the beautiful sunset.
Levi's done.
So is Lydia.
Back at J&M's house. Tyler and Uncle Justin swung for over an hour in that hammock. If Tyler had a say, that would have been his bed for the night. We're so happy to be here!

1 comment:

Bjarnsons said...

What a fun trip! California trips are the best. I remember our roommate one. That was so fun! Gosh, has it really been 11 years?!? I don't feel that old, do you?

Someday I hope you say: "And I got to visit my friend Melanie..." I know that Las vegas is a lot closer than Kentucky. So glad you got to see Corrin and Sophie.

Tyler and Lydia are still SO cute! Miss you!